Do Grandparents Have Custody Or Visitation Rights?

Grandparents play a vital role in the lives of their grandchildren, and life changes, such as a divorce, can lead to a disruption in this important relationship. In some situations, grandparents may want to know if there is a way to retain visitation rights or even secure custody of their grandchildren.

Attorney Phiambolis of the Law Office of Margaret S. Phiambolis helps Pennsylvania grandparents navigate these complex concerns. With over 25 years of legal experience, Ms. Phiambolis is adept at helping clients find practical solutions that work for the best interests of the children.

If you are a grandparent or another relative with custody concerns in Montgomery or Bucks counties, we can help. Call our office at 215-664-7764 to discuss your case in person.

Grounds To Pursue Custody

If you have had custody of a child/children, whether you are a grandparent, another relative, or a concerned friend, you may be an “in loco parentis,” a status giving you standing to pursue custody. In some circumstances, a Pennsylvania family law court may grant grandparents or relatives custody of children. In most cases, this is because the parents are unavailable or unable to take care of the children.

For anyone seeking grandparents’ and other relatives’ rights, it is beneficial to work with a lawyer who understands the system, knows the laws and will forcefully advocate for the goals of the client even in the most complex of cases. Undaunted by complex custody matters, Margaret Phiambolis works diligently for a positive outcome, and ultimately, the best interests of the children.

Support And Guidance For Grandparents

Grandparents and relatives with custody questions may seek a complete evaluation of their case and assessment of legal options by calling the Spring House location of the Law Office of Margaret S. Phiambolis. Contact us in Montgomery County at 215-664-7764 or email us through our website.